I know what I look like: Upper-middle class white guy. Clean-cut. MBA. Wife and baby. On the inside it’s a whole different story: I’m a sassy black woman telling a no-good cheating-ass chump to hit the road, and “Irreplaceable” by Beyoncé is my anthem.
Here’s the deal: I have absolutely no patience for sorry dudes. If you don’t have a job, a car, or a college degree, you are loser. And I feel sorry for the woman who settled for you. I have known many women anchored by these bums, and it breaks my heart.
I don’t know how a woman could justify pairing up with this type of bum to herself. If a guy needs you to pay his cell phone bill or co-sign for a car, he’s a waste of time. It’s okay to drop him. You don’t need anyone’s permission, but Beyoncé has given it to you just in case, and she has done so with such style and grace.
I would also like to say that I am not sexist. In college, I was a founding member of an organization called EMPOWER , Educating Minds for the Promotion of Women’s Equal Rights. (I was the token male.) I do not believe that a woman needs a man to take care of her. I also believe that a woman does not need to take care of a grown man.
As a side note, I absolutely love how classy and polite Beyoncé is about this whole situation. The lyrics are empowered and confident, and they all presuppose that this asshole is gone with no chance salvaging their relationship. “If I bought it, please don’t touch.” “Let me call you a cab.” The dispassion in these lyrics is amazing. This guy is clearly not going to be invited back.
Ladies, please take this song to heart. Do as Beyoncé says: tell that deadbeat to pound asphalt. Take back those keys. He’s that trick’s problem now. But please try to trade up next time.
- Beyoncé Covers Michael Jackson Classic at Tribute Concert [Video] (mzrocklanta.com)
- Can Beyoncé do anything originally? She is the definition of plagiarism at its finest! (str8media.wordpress.com)
- Beyonce Wows With Baby Bump Dance Moves, New Style (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sneak Peek: Beyoncé – “Love On Top” (Music Video) (worldaccordingtomonte.com)
- Britney Spears’ pregnancy advice for Beyonce (heatworld.com)
- Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s Affectionate Night Out! (popsugar.com)
- Beyoncé’s ‘Countdown’ Video Has Plenty Of Baby Bump [Video] (jezebel.com)
- VIDEO: BeyoncÃ© Tries To Perfect Her French For L’OrÃ©al Paris (stylelist.com)
- Beyonce: “Countdown” [NEW VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)